CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 22, 2008

Enough

I never knew that all I ever needed I already had

I had this idea in mind of what it meant to be successful
It always seemed to be just out of reach
My sense of worth relied heavily on  inconsistency and outward validation
And I wondered why my happiness seemed to ebb and flow

And then I went to Europe

No cell to constantly coddle, email to send, or bills to pay
No traveling companions to bargain with 
No one to distract me from me
I blazed my own trail, on my own time, in my own way

I set off on a journey of discovery and came home with the greatest souvenir
In the water of such foreign places swirled my thoughts
And in the wind the Spirit whispered to my heart
I was enough

I didn't need a big house, a diamond ring, or the perfect man
I didn't need people to validate me or to have the cutest clothes
It didn't really matter what job I had or where I worked
I needed to know that I was enough
That with the Lord I could accomplish anything

I never knew that all I ever needed I already had

For Jodi Cantrell--my new roommate and old friend

1 comments:

Loong said...

Wish I can be as simple as you.